Veterinarians play a crucial role in improving public health as they are animal health specialists and work for the better and safe existence of animals. The popularity of dogs and other canine pets in Singapore is on the rise. With an increase in the pet population in Singapore, the number of registered Singapore vets and clinics has also increased. The information below will help you know why visiting a vet is a must for your pet.
Why vets are important?
Pet keeping is highly regulated by the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore, which lays down rules for pets’ veterinary and health care. Veterinarians help pet lovers with following the guidelines related to medical care. They diagnose, treat, as well as research ailments and medical conditions of livestock, pets, and other animals. Moreover, vets teach pet owners preventive healthcare.
How do vets help?
Vets perform many functions, such as:
- They sterilize pets to keep their population in check
- They perform regular checkups for rabies and other diseases
- They ensure good dental health
- They check for tick fever for hassle-free relocation and immigration
- They treat skin irritations in some special breeds like “Singapore Special” as well as regular breeds
- Some vets provide boarding and sitting facilities too
In consonance with strict restrictions, you need to be very careful with your pet’s health and wellness. Pet lovers can contact many Singapore vets at a single click of a button and keep their furry friends healthy and strong.